How To Configure
You can choose your connection method by following the steps below.
- Navigate to Proxy List page
- View the Connection Method widget
- Choose Backbone Connection or Direct Connection in the dropdown widget
What is Backbone Connection?
- Backbone Connection lets you connect to the same proxy address and port.
- The address for all backbone connections is p.webshare.io.
- Backbone Connection assigns you a real proxy IP address before connecting to your target site.
- Control which proxy IP address to assign by changing proxy username or proxy port.
- You don't have to manage a list of IP addresses. We will assign the proxy addresses for you.
- In rotating proxy plans, you don't have to re-download the proxy list every time the plan rotates.
- 0-100 milliseconds slower than the Direct Connection method
- Some programs are not compatible with Backbone Connection method
What is Direct Connection?
- Connect to the proxy address directly.
- Lightning fast, no delays at all.
- Same proxy username/password.
- If you change your proxy list, you have to update your program with the new proxy IP addresses.